Lineworker Skills Series: Equipotential Grounding
March 10, 2020
Venue:DoubleTree City Center - Spokane
322 N. Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
This class is currently full. If you would like to be added to a wait list, please contact Gail Patterson at 360-816-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend:
Line crew supervisors and managers, crew foremen, lineworkers, and substation workers.
Lineman Skills Series: Lineman Rigging, March 11, 2020
Metering for Linemen, March 12, 2020
This course is designed to help electrical workers apply and understand the importance of critical protective bonding and grounding actions. It will cover the purpose, effects, and uses of bonding and grounding. The class offers in-depth instructions and materials complete with individual exercises and hands-on simulation exercises.
- Definitions, purposes, and goals of bonding and grounding
- How circuits can become energized and sources of energization
- Impact of current flow and resistance to the human body
- Grounding cable use and resistance in single- and multi-phase applications
- Proper installation, care, and maintenance of ground cables
- Voltage gradients
- Step, touch, and transfer touch potential
- Establishing an equipotential zone
- Installation of cluster bars
- Five to stay alive
- Electromagnetic and electrostatic induction
- Substation ground grids
- Worksite grounding, including vehicles and equipment in the work area
- Transferred potential rise and substations
- Protective grounding circuit
- Federal OSHA grounding requirements
- Examples of incidents and accidents
Brady Hansen, Written in Red
Registration will begin at 8 a.m., and the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Course Location & Hotel Information:
DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
322 North Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
Room rate: $139 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than February 9, 2020, to secure this rate. Call reservations at 1-800-757-6131 and ask for the Lineman Series: Equipotential Grounding group rate, or use the following link to book online: Equipotential Grounding.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 2/08/2020): $385
Utility Member Standard: $460
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 2/08/2020): $580
Associate Member Standard: $655
Non-member Early Bird (ends 2/08/2020): $1,155
Non-member Standard: $1,230
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for six continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.