March 7 9, 2018
Venue:Coeur d'Alene Resort
115 S. 2nd St.
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
Fee(s):This event has a fee
Who Should Attend:
IT professionals and others who are responsible for information technology programs, as well as operations and engineering employees who would like to build a stronger relationship with IT.
IT Conference Pre-session Class: Overview of the Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (C2M2), March 6, 2018
Join your peers at this annual event where subject matter experts will present on the latest issues of concern to IT professionals. Presentations and speakers include:
- Crafting, Casting, and Carrying a Compelling Vision, presented by Paul Casey, Coach, Growing Forward Services
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, presented by Alec Taylor , Consultant, IVOXY
- Mitigating Penetration Test Findings, presented by Paul Weatherhead, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Digital Boundary Group
- DOE Funding for Small to Medium Utilities, presented by Cynthia Hsu, Ph.D., Cyber Security Program Manager, Business and Technology Strategies, NRECA; and Nathan Mitchell PE, Senior Director, Electric Reliability Standards & Compliance
Additional topics include:
- SANS top 20 critical security controls for effective cyber defense
- Business continuity, disaster recovery planning
- Cyber insurance war stories
- Mobile device manager demonstrations
- Cybersecurity metrics
- IT benchmarking survey findings
Check back for details on the topics and speakers as the conference agenda develops.
To be determined.
Registration and breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the first day; the conference will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on days one and two, and 8:30 a.m. to noon on day three. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided on days one and two.
Conference Location & Hotel Information:
Coeur d’Alene Resort
115 South Second Street
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Room rate: $139 for the North Wing, $159 for the Park Tower, or $179 for the Lake Tower
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than February 4, 2018, to secure this
rate. Mention that you are with Northwest Public Power Association when booking your reservation.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 2/04/2018): $630
Utility Member Standard: $705
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 2/04/2018): $945
Associate Member Standard: $1,020
Non-member Early Bird (ends 2/04/2018): $1,890
Non-member Standard: $1,965
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for 15 continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.