The Finance and Accounting Impact of Strategic Planning
October 20 21, 2020
Venue:DoubleTree City Center - Spokane
322 N. Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
Who Should Attend:
GMs, CFOs, accounting staff, finance staff, and any employee who wants to understand the finance and accounting impact on strategic planning.
This one-and-a half-day course has been designed by Teri Wallis to build a bridge between the approval of a strategic plan and the implementation and execution of it. This course will benefit the employees of utilities who ultimately make any plan happen. Just about every decision has a financial impact, so this course will keep the financial and accounting ramifications the central focus.
- Strategic planning roles and responsibilities -- getting off on the right foot
- Establishing initiatives and creating a road map
- Analysis of impact of initiatives, including capital expenditure planning, labor requirements, additional operating expenses, rate impact analysis, and overall financial impact
- Communication and follow-up best practices
- Project management and tracking
- Navigating the challenges of the plan being off track, over budget, and lacking support
What to Bring:
- Your organization’s strategic plan and follow-up documents created to execute your plan
- Year-end financial report
Teri Wallis, Terilyn Wallis Consulting
Registration will begin at 8 a.m.; the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on day one, and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on day two. Lunch will be provided on day one; morning and afternoon breaks will be provided both days.
Course Location and Hotel Information:
by Hilton Spokane City Center
322 North Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
rate: $154 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than September 18, 2020, to secure this rate. Mention
that you are coming in with the NWPPA group when booking your reservation. Or follow this link to book online: Reservations.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 9/19/2020): $760
Utility Member Standard: $835
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 9/19/2020): $1,140
Associate Member Standard: $1,215
Non-member Early Bird (ends 9/19/2020): $2,280
Non-member Standard: $2,355
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for nine continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.