This event has been rescheduled. For further details and registration information please visit
Leadership Skills Series: SLII Experience and Work Styles, September 29-October 1, 2020.
For questions or to find out about other training opportunities, please contact Jenny Keesey at (360) 816-1458 or email@example.com.
Who Should Attend:
Supervisors and managers, and employees who will be transitioning to a supervisory or managerial role in the future.
Note: For individuals who began working toward the Leadership Skills Certification prior to December 2019 and were unable to complete Leadership Skills #3, please contact Jenny Keesey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 816-1458, for how to fulfill this requirement.
This is part of the Leadership Skills Series Program.
Situational Leadership® II (SLII) is recognized as both a business language and a framework for employee development that transcends cultural, linguistic, and geographical boundaries. Its foundation lies in teaching leaders to diagnose the needs of an individual or a team, and then use the appropriate leadership style to respond to the needs of the person.
Attendees will stretch their comfort zone and participate in challenging activities that require them to demonstrate their familiarity with SLII content, and teach them how to integrate material into their own personal leadership style.
This course will also introduce tools to help you as a leader understand working styles and temperament - both yours and those you lead - so that you can adjust your leadership style and approach to meet the needs of the situation at hand.
- Diagnose the development levels of employees and choose the appropriate leadership style
- Increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development
- Create a communication model for all levels of the organization to support cultural change and move toward a high-performance organization
- Become a flexible leader who is highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance evaluation, active listening, feedback, and proactive problem solving
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to an action plan
- Learn a new language of leadership to partner for maximum productivity and morale
- Use proven tools to increase your self-awareness regarding your own working style and temperament
- Learn methods to gain understanding of the working styles and temperament of those you lead
- Blend and integrate Situational Leadership, Working Styles, and Temperament into your everyday approach as a leader
Mark Christensen, Learning Point
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day, and the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. all three days. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Course Location and Hotel Information:
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake
1380 Wisconsin Avenue
Whitefish, MT 59937
Room rate: $139 for a king classic room
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than May 2, 2020, to secure this rate. Mention group ID NWPPA20 when booking your reservation. Or book online with the following link: https://lodgeatwhitefishlake.com/groupslogin
Group ID: NWPPA20
Group PASSWORD: WHITEFISH
Transportation: The Lodge provides complimentary transportation for guests to/from Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) and Amtrak Station with 24-hour advanced reservations.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 5/02/2020): $1,570
Utility Member Standard: $1,645
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 5/02/2020): $2,355
Associate Member Standard: $2,430
Non-member Early Bird (ends 5/02/2020): $4,710
Non-member Standard: $4,785
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for 18 continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.