The pre-registration is currently closed. If you would like to attend this event, please call NWPPA at 360-254-0109, and our staff will be happy to help you.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone interested in learning more about connecting and communicating with customers through social media.
Northwest Communications & Energy Innovations Conference, September 16-19, 2018
This workshop will focus on:
- Getting management team and boards on board with social media.
- Spotting the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats on your utility’s Facebook page.
- What to do when private information becomes public, including how to contain the chatter while serving the customer.
- The importance of distinguishing the online critic from the online troll.
- Practical techniques for handling personal encounters with customers, both in person and online.
- Using spoken and written words that communicate confidence and avoid the words and phrases that suggest insecurity.
- How to manage situations with customers who want to videotape their encounters out in public or inside utility offices, and how to explain your decision if the answer is no.
Molly McPherson, Founder and Managing Director, Social Shift Media
Registration will begin at noon, and the class will run from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Course Location and Hotel Information:
Note: The room block at the Coeur d’Alene Resort is sold out, please try these overflow hotels. A room block has not been established so please call the hotel for the best available rate.
Hampton Inn & Suites
1500 Riverstone Dr.
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814
2 miles from the resort
Best Western Plus Coeur d’Alene Inn
506 W Appleway Avenue
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814
2.5 miles from the resort
Coeur d'Alene Resort - SOLD OUT
115 S. 2nd St.
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
Room rate: $155 North Wing, $185 Park tower, $205 Lake Tower
Please make your reservations before August 15, 2018 to receive these special rates. Mention that you are coming for the NWPPA conference to receive the block rate.
The Coeur d’Alene currently provides 6-passenger LimoVan service to and from the Spokane International Airport. This service is available with forty-eight (48) hour advanced reservations. The current fee is $69.00 per person, round trip. Please contact The Resort's transportation department for scheduling at (208) 765-4000.
The Coeur d’Alene provides controlled covered on-site parking. The current fee is $18.00 per every twenty-four (24) hour period. Valet services are also offered at $22.00.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 8/19/2018): $175
Utility Member Standard: $250
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 8/19/2018): $265
Associate Member Standard: $340
Non-member Early Bird (ends 8/19/2018): $525
Non-member Standard: $600
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for three continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.