Nuts and Bolts of Work Orders
February 28 March 1, 2019
500 W. Third Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99501
Fee(s):This event has a fee
Online registration is currently closed, but spaces are still available. If you would like to attend this event, please call NWPPA at 360-254-0109, and our staff will be happy to help you.
Who Should Attend:
Employees involved in any aspect of preparing and/or processing work orders for their electric utility, or employees outside the accounting area who want a better understanding of the work order process.
Accounting, Finance, and RUS/FERC Accounting Fundamentals for Utility Personnel, February 26-27, 2019
Over 75 percent of a utility’s assets are in plant—quite a big chunk of money requiring a big chunk of skill to track. Every dollar charged to plant will show up in a utility bill sent to the consumer. Therefore, this course will tackle: 1) how the plant lands on the power bill, and 2) how the system finances the cost.
Other topics include:
- How and when a work order will be set up (capital versus expense)
- How the project will be built (line staking)
- What charges will be assigned to the work order (components of construction cost)
- How to measure if the charges are proper (internal controls and key ratio analysis)
- What odd things may be encountered and suggested actions (CPRs and special equipment)
What to Bring to Class:
- The most recent year-end financial statement
- The dollar value of inventory used for the most recent year
- The dollar value of beginning inventory and ending inventory for that same year
- A calculator
- A work order packet for a new construction work order
- Value of payroll charged for capital and expense accounts for the most recent year
Kim Mikkelsen, KW Consulting
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on day one; the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on day one, and 8:30 a.m. until noon on day two. Lunch and breaks will be provided on day one; breaks will be provided on day two.
Course Location & Hotel Information:
500 West Third Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
Room rate: $125 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than January 26, 2019, to
secure this rate. Mention that you are coming in with the NWPPA group when
booking your reservation.
Utility Member Early Bird (extended through 2/28/2019): $920
Utility Member Standard: $995
Associate Member Early Bird (extended through 2/28/2019): $1,380
Associate Member Standard: $1,455
Non-member Early Bird (extended through 2/28/2019): $2,760
Non-member Standard: $2,835
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for nine continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.