New Arc Flash Standards (IEEE 1584) - CANCELLED
February 6 7, 2019
Venue:Captain Cook Hotel
939 W. 5th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
Fee(s):This event has a fee
This event has been cancelled. For questions or to find out about future training opportunities, please contact Dale Mayuiers at 360-816-1448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend:
Electric utility engineering managers, engineers, and others responsible for developing arc flash standards and/or studies for their utility.
The latest Arc Flash edition of IEEE 1584 is a major game changer. Almost everything has changed since the original 2002 edition was introduced.
This two-day course provides in-depth techniques for designers and facility operators to assess the hazards in the work place; determine the arc flash hazard distance and the incident energy to which employees could be exposed; select/apply the correct personal protective equipment (PPE); and document all assessments.
This course covers the following aspects of the latest edition:
- Five different electrode configurations to enable more detailed modeling:
- Vertical electrodes in a metal box/enclosure – VCB (also in 2002 edition)
- Vertical electrodes terminated in an insulating barrier in a metal box/enclosure – VCCB
- Horizontal electrodes in a metal box/enclosure – HCB
- Vertical electrodes in open air – VOA (also in 2002 edition)
- Horizontal electrodes in open air – HOA
- More choices for enclosure types and sizes
- Enclosure correction factor calculations to adjust for specific enclosure sizes
- Calculations for arcing current variation factors
- Voltage equations and interpolation to actual voltages
- Elimination of the differences between grounded vs. ungrounded
- Elimination of the 125 kVA transformer exception
Jim Phillips, PE, Brainfiller
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day, and the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on both days. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Course Location and Hotel Information:
Captain Cook Hotel
939 W. 5th Avenue
Anchorage AK, 99501
rate: $145 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than January 8, 2019, to secure this rate. Mention
that you are coming in with the NWPPA group when booking your reservation.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 1/06/2019): $720
Utility Member Standard: $795
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 1/06/2019): $1,080
Associate Member Standard: $1,155
Non-member Early Bird (ends 1/06/2019): $2,160
Non-member Standard: $2,235
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for 12 continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.