Building Trust and Self-Leadership
October 22 23, 2019
Venue:Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fee(s):This event has a fee
Who Should Attend:
Individual contributors and team members seeking to be more productive and satisfied at work, and potential leaders who do not currently have direct reports. Anyone who reports to managers trained in Situational Leadership II.
Healthy, productive, and growing relationships have one thing in common – they are all built on a solid foundation of trust. High levels of trust in personal, team, and organizational relationships allow creativity, productivity, efficiency, and effective communication to flourish. Low levels of trust have the direct economic impact of high turnover, absenteeism, low morale, stifled innovation, challenged decisions, inefficiency, and often damaged customer relationships. Organizations need a common language and approach that allows for the development of a culture built on trust.
The ABCD Trust model provides a common language for individuals and organizations to improve the level of trust in relationships. It allows everyone to have a common understanding of the concept of trust and equips them with the skills to create, develop, and sustain trusting relationships.
- Educate and empower leaders to understand the impacts of trust within the workplace
- Use a common language to create, enhance, and sustain trusting relationships
- Increase productivity, creativity, commitment, and initiative
- Reduce workplace negativity and improve employee morale
- Improve customer service and retention
On day two we will transition to self leadership. In this session you will learn about how to be part of an empowered workforce that results in accelerated development, higher performance, personal accountability, and increased motivation. The session is about you reaching your full potential and being a part of a workforce of self-leaders to power the organization. It is designed to ensure that you know how to develop the self-starting mindset you need to be more productive and also move the organization forward.
- Situational Leadership II: Learn the world’s most popular leadership model, taught from the perspective of the self-leader rather than the manager
- Assumed constraints: Learn to recognize those perceived barriers that can be transcended or avoided
- Points of power: Learn the five sources of power at work and how each can be activated to help achieve goals and experience greater autonomy and competence
- Proactive conversations: Learn how to seek the direction and support you need, and learn how to proactively conduct one-on-one conversations with your manager
Betsy Blee, Ken Blanchard Companies
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day; the course will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on day one, and from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on day two. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Course Location & Hotel Information:
Suites – Riverfront Promenade
Sacramento, CA 95814
Room rate: $189 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as
possible, but no later than September
30, 2019, to secure this rate. Mention that you are coming in with the
NWPPA group when booking your reservation.
Utility Member Early Bird (extended through 10/22/2019): $880
Utility Member Standard: $955
Associate Member Early Bird (extended through 10/22/2019): $1,320
Associate Member Standard: $1,395
Non-member Early Bird (extended through 10/22/2019): $2,640
Non-member Standard: $2,715
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for 12 continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
Find it on Map
Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.