The pre-registration is currently closed. If you would like to attend this event, please come to the NWPPA registration desk at the hotel, and our onsite coordinator will be happy to help you.
Who Should Attend:
Line crew supervisors and managers, crew foremen, linemen, and substation workers.
NWPPA/APA Alaska Electric Utility Conference, November 20-21, 2019
Distribution Engineering Series: Session 2 - Overcurrent Protection, November 18-19, 2019
Electric Utility System Operations for Medium to Small Utilities, November 18-19, 2019
Lineman Skills Series - Lineman Rigging, November 18, 2019
Lineman Skills Series - AC System Troubleshooting, November 18, 2019
Lineman Skills Series - AC Transformers, Advanced Theory, and Practical Application, November 19, 2019
This course is designed to help electrical workers understand the importance of and apply critical protective bonding and grounding actions. It will cover the purpose, effects, and uses of bonding and grounding. The class offers in-depth instructions and materials complete with individual exercises and hands-on simulation exercises.
- Definitions, purposes, and goals of bonding and grounding
- How circuits can become energized and sources of energization
- Impact of current flow and resistance to the human body
- Grounding cable use and resistance in single- and multi-phase applications
- Proper installation, care, and maintenance of ground cables
- Voltage gradients
- Step, touch, and transfer touch potential
- Establishing an equipotential zone
- Installation of cluster bars
- Five to stay alive
- Electromagnetic and electrostatic induction
- Substation ground grids
- Worksite grounding, including vehicles and equipment in the work area
- Transferred potential rise and substations
- Protective grounding circuit
- Federal OSHA grounding requirements
- Examples of incidents and accidents
Brady Hansen, Written in Red
Registration will begin at 8 a.m., and the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Egan Civic & Convention Center
555 West Fifth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
500 West Third Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
Room rate: $109 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than October 11, 2019, to secure this rate. Mention that you are with Northwest Public Power Association when booking your reservation.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 10/19/2019): $390
Utility Member Standard: $465
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 10/19/2019): $585
Associate Member Standard: $660
Non-member Early Bird (ends 10/19/2019): $1,170
Non-member Standard: $1,245
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for six continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.