Advanced Project Planning, Organization, and Execution - CANCELLED
April 21 22, 2020
Venue:DoubleTree City Center - Spokane
322 N. Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
Fee(s):This event has a fee
This event has been cancelled. For questions or to find out about future training opportunities, please contact Jenny Keesey at (360) 816-1458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend:
Any utility employee looking for advanced instruction for organizing and/or managing projects.
This course provides a fully interactive deep dive into several typically problematic project management topics and introduces change-driven project management.
- How to uncover and effectively mitigate risks
- How deep should you go?
- What risk tolerance should be accepted?
- How often should you reconsider risks?
- What is the best way to mitigate risks?
- How to handle the difficult stakeholder
- How do you effectively redirect stakeholders that display anger, frustration, or extreme enthusiasm?
- How do you overcome stakeholder non-compliance?
- How do you work with stakeholders that display passive-aggressive behavior?
- How do you dance with stakeholders that swing their political ax?
- How do you use dependencies to your advantage or figure out how to eliminate them?
- How do you up your team's ability to accurately estimate and schedule work?
- Learn the basics for Agile Scrum and Lean Kanban, two change-driven project methodologies.
Ron Sarazin, Olympic Performance
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day, and the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on both days. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Course Location and Hotel Information:
DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
322 North Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
Room rate: $139 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than March 19, 2020, to secure this rate.
Call reservations at 1-800-757-6131 and ask for the Advanced Project Planning, Organization and Execution group rate, or use the following link to book online: Advanced Project Planning.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 3/21/2020): $770
Utility Member Standard: $845
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 3/21/2020): $1,155
Associate Member Standard: $1,230
Non-member Early Bird (ends 3/21/2020): $2,310
Non-member Standard: $2,385
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for 12 continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.