Advanced Project Planning, Organization, and Execution - CANCELLED
April 21 22, 2020
Venue:DoubleTree City Center - Spokane
322 N. Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
This event has been cancelled. For questions or to find out about future training opportunities, please contact Jenny Keesey at (360) 816-1458 or email@example.com.
Who Should Attend:
Any utility employee looking for advanced instruction for organizing and/or managing projects.
This course provides a fully interactive deep dive into several typically problematic project management topics and introduces change-driven project management.
- How to uncover and effectively mitigate risks
- How deep should you go?
- What risk tolerance should be accepted?
- How often should you reconsider risks?
- What is the best way to mitigate risks?
- How to handle the difficult stakeholder
- How do you effectively redirect stakeholders that display anger, frustration, or extreme enthusiasm?
- How do you overcome stakeholder non-compliance?
- How do you work with stakeholders that display passive-aggressive behavior?
- How do you dance with stakeholders that swing their political ax?
- How do you use dependencies to your advantage or figure out how to eliminate them?
- How do you up your team's ability to accurately estimate and schedule work?
- Learn the basics for Agile Scrum and Lean Kanban, two change-driven project methodologies.
Ron Sarazin, Olympic Performance
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day, and the class will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on both days. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks, will be provided.
Course Location and Hotel Information:
DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
322 North Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
Room rate: $139 for a single/double
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than March 19, 2020, to secure this rate.
Call reservations at 1-800-757-6131 and ask for the Advanced Project Planning, Organization and Execution group rate, or use the following link to book online: Advanced Project Planning.
Utility Member Early Bird (ends 3/21/2020): $770
Utility Member Standard: $845
Associate Member Early Bird (ends 3/21/2020): $1,155
Associate Member Standard: $1,230
Non-member Early Bird (ends 3/21/2020): $2,310
Non-member Standard: $2,385
Cancellations are accepted, with full refund, if request is made at least 30 days prior to the course. Within 30 days, fees are as follows: 15-29 days, $100; 1-14 days or "no show," 100 percent of registration fee. When possible, please send a substitute instead of canceling. NWPPA does not charge a fee for substitutions.
This course qualifies for 12 continuing hours. Certificates are issued upon full completion of the course.
For More Information:
To find out more about this course, to register, or to learn about other events, view the Training and Event Catalog.